Salon Health and Safety Policy for Covid-19
The list below sets out the health and safety procedures for Wendy Simmons Beauty Room as of 10/07/2020.
We believe the below list contributes towards the salon being as Covid-19 secure as possible, while adhering to the Government guidelines set out after the above date and conducting a Covid-19 risk assessment.
Each client that enters the salon must follow the below list and sign a Covid-19 Pandemic Consent form. This will also be used in a scenario where we may be contacted by the ‘track and trace’ service.
• You must NOT attend if you have experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days. Or if you have been told you have come in contact with an infected person within the last 14 days.
• You must arrive on time, if you are early you are to remain in your car and text her to let her know you have arrived. When Wendy is ready she will ask you to come in.
• You must wear a mask at all times. Wendy has paper masks available for a £1.
• You must wash your hands as you enter the salon.
• Your mobile phones are no longer permitted at the nail station or held during any treatment. If you are expecting an important phone call, keep the sound on so you can hear it.
• You must come on your own, no plus 1’s/children the salon because of social distancing rules.
• You must not pick up any products or gel/nail polishes unnecessarily.
• You must not spend extended periods of time in the salon, so only one treatment per visit please.
This list may be updated at any time in order to follow new Government protocols. An updated version will be kept in the files section of the Facebook client group ‘Wendy Simmons Nails and Beauty’
What to expect from Wendy
The below list sets out the procedures and responsibilities of Wendy Simmons to ensure the salon remains at low risk of infection as of the above date.
• Wendy will allow the usual amount of time set aside for treatments. However, each area that is used during your treatment with be thoroughly disinfected when you leave. Including disinfecting of handles, chair arms, door handles and all surfaces. There will be larger gaps between clients to allow this to take place. Unfortunately, this means she will be seeing less people in a day, leading to a longer than expected wait for your first appointment.
• There are no immediate plans for a salon price increase. However, there will be an annual price increase later on in the year.
• Wendy will carry on conducting her usual hygiene practices of single use files, gloves, masks, spatulas and paper disposables. In addition to that the salon has single use aprons and face visors.
• Soft upholstery chairs and unnecessary towels have been removed to minimise virus transmission.
• The salon will continue to offer refreshments, but in disposable cups.
Last updated – 10/07/2020, 14/07/2020